Friday, May 16, 2008

progress report--mini writing binge, back on the wagon

I fell off the wagon for my little writing binge last weekend. Noah was home sick on Friday and Tracy was out of town, so I just didn't have the time or energy to write anything. The good news is that I've done a good job making time for writing all this week. I've got at least a dozen pages written on a new version of Act II. It's coming slowly, but at least I'm making steady progress. I don't know that I'll finish the act by the end of the month, but I might not be that far off.

This play has come much slower than my others, but I've just had to accept that and try not to get too frustrated. In the past, I might write four pages an hour on a first draft, but now I'm lucky to get one or two pages in an hour. I hope that soon something will suddenly click and it'll all come pouring out. But I'll get it written either way.

The last two weeks have been pretty full of other stuff, but I think the rest of May will offer me more writing time. (If I can stay disciplined.)

No comments: