Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Video with tips on how to market your book (from me, Trisha Gura, and Sarah Smith)

A couple years ago, a bunch of Brookline writers got together and started the Brookline Authors Group.  It's since cooled down (everyone got busy with other stuff), but for while we put together some good programming.  Especially good, I thought, was a series called Brookline Writes, filmed by Brookline Access Television (Jonatha Ceely helped run things, and Polly Hogan was the host).

Two of the shows we focused on marketing, and I was one of the guests, along with Trisha Gura and Sarah Smith.  Trisha and Sarah are a lot more experienced than I am (so really pay attention to what they say), but I'd had some useful experience with smaller publishers and a lot of hands-on marketing (and spend a lot of time thinking about ways to market plays and books).

For some reason (maybe building the new gorgeous studios), it took Forever for these videos to finally be posted online.  But I just discovered today that they're now available.  So check them out.

If you have a novel coming out soon, you might want to check these out.

Here's part 1:

http://batv.org/streaming-video/ondemand/writes-4

and here's part 2:

http://batv.org/streaming-video/ondemand/writes-5


I hope they're helpful.

No comments: