Wednesday, June 8, 2011

early return from Idaho

My wife Tracy's father, Roger, died early this morning in Boston, unexpectedly, after a brief illness.  I'm in the midst of working my way back home from Idaho to be with our family.

I want to express my sincere thanks to the Seven Devils' staff and members, especially Jeni, Paula, Sheila, Martin, and Larry, for their sympathy and assistance this morning, and to our intern/actor James, who drove me all the way down to Boise this morning, without a second thought (and kept me thoroughly engaged with lively conversation the whole way).   Though I'm disappointed to leave the conference early, the groundwork laid there with the play will continue to help the script evolve, and I am grateful for the relationships I formed there in the time I had.  Thanks also to all the friendly folks of McCall, who hosted me and made me feel welcome in their lovely town.


Roger Blauvelt was a beloved husband, father, grandfather and friend.  He was a golfer, geocacher, Air Force veteran, baseball fan, and all around good guy.  He will be sorely missed.

No comments: