- My latest novel, Moving (A Life in Boxes), will be coming out as an ebook in about two weeks. I've got make sure people know about it and finish getting it proofread and formatted.
- I'm about to do revisions on the book for a musical (a commissioned work) adaptation of Penny Noyce's novel, Lost In Lexicon.
- I just finished a first draft of a new full-length play, Distant Neighbors, and am working on it in Rhombus and in the New Voices @ New Rep program.
- We start rehearsals for Fire on Earth with Fresh Ink. on Monday, and I'll be making revisions fairly steadily until we open on February 1 at the Factory Theatre in Boston.
- I have a couple short plays in the One-Minute Play Festival coming to Boston Playwrights Theatre. Rehearsals start soon, but revisions are quick on short plays.
- I'm supposed to write a ten-minute play, set in a garden, for production this spring in London by a small company there. (They performed Pumpkin Patch last year.)
- If I can clear the decks a little, I'm ready to finish the next draft of an historical novel about Civil War hero Robert Smalls.
- And I have two short plays in the upcoming New Works Festival at the Firehouse Center for the Arts in Newburyport (but shouldn't have to do rewrites on them).
And sometimes I miss a ball and they all come crashing down for a while. But like in juggling, it's just a matter of picking them back up and starting over.