Sunday, September 2, 2007

Binge Started Yesterday!

The 11th Playwright Submission Binge started yesterday. This is a bi-annual marketing challenge, where a group of playwrights get together (virtually) and try to submit a play every day for 30 days. When I started this group, more than five years ago, there were about a dozen of us. Now the group has almost 350 members, and it's developed into a very supportive on-line playwright community. Of all the things I've started in theatre, this is one of my favorites. I was on vacation all week, not getting home until super late last night, so I missed the starting gun for the first time in 11 binges. Luckily, I'd arranged with L.A. playwright (and long time Binge member) Mark Harvey Levine to guest host for me.

Anyway, if you're a playwright and haven't heard of it, definitely give it a try (it's free). It's a great way to get motivated, and people are very generous about sharing submission opp details, so you can pick up a lot of good info.

No comments: