Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Moving to LA

No, I'm not moving to LA. But John August's blog has a nice guest essay by a young writer who did. Definitely worth checking out.

For me, though, if I want to get film work, it's going to have to happen while I'm living in Boston. There is a film community here, though I haven't worked too hard at being a part of it yet. I've been sending out a lot of screenplay queries lately, mostly to LA and NYC (via e-mail and Script PIMP) but have been getting no bites at all. I know I need to work the personal aspect a little better, but time has been short.

2 comments:

Malachy Walsh said...

You should figger out a way to buy an HDV, 24p camera - either on your own, or with a group of other writers who want to make movies.

Then, you should buy a Final Cut suite and slap something together.

That's what I'm trying to do.

Patrick Gabridge said...

I think you're right on the money. You're definitely my role model for this. How much does such a camera cost these days? (Sharing makes sense.)