Monday, April 26, 2010

Weekly Update (#3)

Okay, so I'm a little late on the update, but we were on vacation and it took a while to get caught up:

What I've been writing:

Well, I was out of town, so I haven't done much actual writing, but I did get in some on-the-ground research in Charleston and Beaufort, SC, for my Robert Smalls project(s).  Very helpful to get to see it all in person, including Fort Sumter.  Took pages of notes and lots of photos.  I carried my video camera all the way to SC, but didn't have a tape and didn't have time to get one.  Oh, well.

Today, instead of working on Robert Smalls, I was working on my history of the English Bible play.  I'm juggling a lot of projects right now, but sometimes that's a good thing.


The business side:


No real business news this week.   We've finished casting the upcoming reading of Constant State of Panic, which is a very good thing.  (As a reminder, the reading will be at Boston Playwrights Theatre, May 6, 7pm.)

Last night I was hanging out with Huntington Theatre Company friends and donors are their big gala.  Quite a party. 

My play, Confirmed Sighting did not win its night at the NYC 15-Minute Play Festival, which was too bad, but appreciate all the hard work on the part of the actors and Deb Linehan, the director.  Wish I could have seen the show, but it was too close to our return from vacation.  I did get to see Lies, Lies, Lies in Boston's Chinatown by the Actors Refuge Repertory Theatre this weekend, and they did a fine job.

This upcoming weekend, I'll be attending Grub Street's Muse and Marketplace conference, taking in lots of workshops and a meeting with an agent.  I had a great time at the event last year and am looking forward to it again (with requisite high hopes for something good to happen).  (Please send good vibes, mojo, whatever, towards Boston for me.)

Now I have to go cook dinner before heading off to my Rhombus playwrights' meeting tonight.

No comments: