Sunday, June 20, 2010

T Plays--chugging along

We had a great rehearsal for my T play this afternoon.  The actresses were zeroed in on their roles, and Barlow Adamson, my director (who is actually co-directing with John O'Brien), seemed to completely understand these two characters I'd created.  It was a pretty inspired rehearsal, actually.  Intense time pressure can truly focus the mind.  We had a read through of all the plays last night, and the other plays were so funny and got great response, and of course, I go and write a drama again, and feel like the guy who brings a cat to an all-dog party.  I was a little concerned I hadn't managed to write what I'd intended (in terms of quality, at least).  But today set my mind at ease and got me very excited about this play.  I'll miss tomorrow's rehearsal/tech, but hope to see a run through on Tuesday before the show opens on Wednesday. 

It's going to be a very fun night.  Check it out if you can.

No comments: